Monday, October 5, 2009

where the wild things are


We all have seen the trailer and we all want to see it. Why? Because Where the Wild Things Are was a part of our childhood, for some, a huge part. Maurice Sendak was my first favorite artist, even beforeCharles Addams, before Edward Gorey, he was my favorite simply because of that book with only ten lines but full of imagination and the magic and realities of childhood.

Now, Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers have put their brilliance together in to realizing this wonderful book into something wonderfully visual and I can't wait to be there to see it. Everytime the commercial comes on and I see and hear it, my inner child grins like the cheshire cat and my creativity begins to swarm inside me.

So, in tribute, here art inspired by Where the Wild Things by myself and by my little girl...


natalie's wild thing
natalie's 'wild thing and me'

my wild thing
my little wild thing

No comments: